There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Monday, December 7, 2009

With Open Hands

The battle rages on. It's a good thing that I'm on God's side so I really don't have to tremble in fear. Though my enemies don't have the knack to rest and give up, my God is always stronger than any of them. This is not my war. It is His.

I have learned so much today about fasting. I can't last 40 days without food but I know now that it's not all about abstaining from food. It is really giving what you desire to others so that they may enjoy life. Fasting is loving. It is giving. It's not easy to give something that you're really grasping hard.

I always remember the generous deed of Christ of coming to earth as a poor child so I may have everything He has. So if Christ did that for me, I should as well do it to all humans whom God loves.

Since I have resolved to offer my life as a living sacrifice to the Lord, what then can I not give? If I don't own my life now, what do I own? When I know that I have God an He has me, what could I possibly want for than to share Him to those who are needy?

Lord God, You have blessed me at the cost of You Son's precious Blood. I am well aware of my selfish nature to keep things to myself. There is no good in me but I rely on Your grace. I ask You to give me a generous heart to give up everything I hold dear. What can I give that You have not given? Lord, at the cost of my life, I'll give to others. Thank you Jesus Christ for planting Your generous seed into my heart so I may bear fruits for me to reap and offer to You.

Glory to You O God!

No comments:

Post a Comment