There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

God's Assuring Promise

Lately, I was struggling against a feeling of sadness. I was so sad for the people who don't believe in Christ, that He has redeemed them. It just got worse when my own family, the ones I love began to criticize the way I love God. They didn't have the kind of faith that I have that's why they cannot believe anything that I tell them about Christ.

I was told to make a choice between going to school and serving the Lord the way His child does. I chose the latter. My choice didn't really please them I a expected. It even cause madness to them. 

My brother who used to be my closest friend rained me with boxer-type punches. If there's a room for one, he would exceed Manny Pacquiao as the pound for pound fighter of the world. I didn't even move an inch. I took the blows he threw to me just as Christ took the pain from the very creatures He created.

It didn't destroy my faith though. It was my love for Jesus that prevented me from fighting back. I didn't even expect that in the midst of that ruthless beating, I was able to scream on top of my fading breath "This is for you, Jesus!".

It was really a crushing blow to me. The people close to my heart were the ones that gave me so much pain. They thought that I was the one who caused them so much pain too. They say that I am a good for nothing son. The say that I only bring trouble to the family not knowing the fact that I'm serving God for the good of His glory and for the love He has for the people He died on the cross for.

Grief and sadness engulfed me for a while. MY friends were having fun but I didn't know how to blend in. It was like I forgot how to smile or laugh. Later I was out of my mind. I thought to myself, "Where is God?" My mind is shouting for His name. Then suddenly my sight went dark. 


By the power of God, we were able to cast out the demons that were overpowering me. I called out to God who is my strength and he answered me. He sent His comforting spirit and washed all my sadness away. I was so happy that once again, God was able to show His glory through the victory that He had in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment