There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

THEIR Family Day

It has been a long time since I came back to my old school in secondary level. The school was celebrating its annual family day. I had to attend wearing red since my brother is in his fourth year.

I was bewildered by the colors and was surprised by my empty feeling. There were so much suffocating memories around the place but my emotions were nostalgic. It was as if I have never been a student in the school. I remembered the places where I used to play and study but it feels like it wasn't I who was there. I remembered the teachers and the friends I used to know but it feels like as if it wasn't I that the knew all along. Everything seems to be old yet new.

I can't help but to ask myself is this is what the things are supposed to be. Days come and days go. Friends come and friends go. Nothing in this world lasts forever. Even memories I once considered precious became like worthless grains of sand in the hourglass of my mind. Time passes by and their value changes.

I can never change the past that I had. Regretting them just can't help. It can only worsen the emptiness of worldly emotions in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. God's love is the only thing that remains constant in this world.. =)

    ReplyDelete