There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Reason for My Existence

All my life, I've been living in such foolish ways. I've been living under the shadows of my ignorance. I've been sleeping... dreaming of fantasies, unaware of the better reality that was already knocking at my door to wake me up.

It’s about time that I woke up and stepped up to seek the reason why I exist.

When I was young, I loved to listen to stories of kings, queens, princes, and princesses. I've always wanted to live as a royal blood. I wanted to wear dashing suits, shiny crowns, dazzling capes; sleep on royal bed, eat with royal friends, and command royal subjects. I wanted to live in a royal life.

Sadly, I never got to live in such a life in my young years. My family lived in a very simple house. We lived in poverty. We struggle so much just to eat three times a day, just to able to pay bills. I was no stranger to poverty. Seems like he has been with me ever since.

Though my life was like that I never failed to look on the bright side. My family is still in tact. We loved one another. We never left one another in times of struggles. We remained strong in every challenge. But I was never really contented with that. There is still something that my nostalgic subconscious is still searching--a better angle to look at life, a wealth beyond any man can see, beyond any riches on earth, wealth that only the wise can know of but no one can fathom.

It's tough to live a blind life-- A life where the eyes are always fixed on things that are seen--the very things that won't last forever. Nonetheless, when I started to read the Truth, when I opened my eyes to the Light of my Father's Word, when I found the Way out of this miserable life and into the superabundant life, my life changed.

Little did I know, the very life I wanted to live when I was young--a royal life, is just so near. God promised me a very overwhelming inheritance, beyond any fantasies that I could ever dream of, unfathomable and beyond measure. He promised to give me everything He has as co-inheritor with Christ. Now a handful of dust turned into a man by the grace of God's breath will reign with Him for eternity. Now that's what you call ROYAL.

I thank God for the consuming love that He has poured upon me. All the glory and honor and praise to the Lamb who sits on the throne!

No comments:

Post a Comment