There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Sigh Worth Laughing At

It was a Monday when I decided not to enter my afternoon class for some reasons to go to the orphanage-shelter early. I haven't eaten since morning that day and my stomach was really complaining to me with violent grumbles. I arrived early at 2 pm in the afternoon, a time when most of the youth are still in school. 

Coincidentally, it was also the day when Hannah scheduled to bring two of the kids, Rose and Gang-gang, to Ayala. She arrived just minutes after. Ate Joie allowed her to bring the kids only if this boy, JR, would go with them. I thought handling the three kids alone would be tiring for her so I decided to come along with a helping hand.

And I thought it would be easy...

 The kids obviously haven't gone much to a mall such as Ayala. They were so full of energy, kids as they are. We brought them to Time Zone and they played their hearts out.  They just can't have enough that Gang-gang asked the terrified Hannah for more games (poor wallet). So to avoid further damage, we went to buy them some snacks at the Supermarket. 

It was really heart-pounding when two of the kids, Rose and JR stopped to watch Barney at the corner and Gang-gang strayed away by herself. I became nervous and the thought of losing one of them sent chills to my spine. I told Hannah to stay with the two while I go and look for the missing scapegoat. With God's help, with I big sigh, we went out the Supermarket complete without someone missing.

We ate the snacks we bought at the Terraces. I enjoyed the view as much as the kids do (including Hannah, as the "kids" haha). They were so rowdy and wild. They went on running around, sliding when they're not suppose to. I can't take the fun away from them. They're just kids after all.

We went to National Bookstore so Hannah could buy something for Christmas. I took the kids at the storybook department and they made me an automatic Bisaya translator for some of the books. Realizing that it's almost late, we decided to go back to the shelter in order to catch up with the bible study.

It was really a hilarious experience. God taught me a very...tiring lesson about being a parent. He also showed me how it was like to be a shepherd. The kids were sometimes (actually most of the time) hard-headed. They remind me of how I treat God most of the times being stubborn to His will. 

3 comments:

  1. wahahaha...."We ate the snacks we bought at the Terraces. I enjoyed the view as much as the kids do (including Hannah, as the "kids" haha)."

    ikaw tips ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. naoffend ka? haha kids man pud ko. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. wa man...kanindot anang 'kids'...mkapabata ug pamati...hehe

    ReplyDelete