There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Fear. Diversion. Ignorance.

Once in my life, I feared walking in the streets. I was paranoid that a sniper would shoot me dead at any time (though I was never a VIP kind of person). Such a childish and foolish fear I should say, but I was just too preoccupied to notice it.

I was preoccupied with so many things like all other people. I was too busy with school, too busy with friends, too busy with games, too busy with nonsense, just like anyone on earth. People are too preoccupied to notice it.

When trouble comes, where do we go? Astrologers? Witch doctors? Quack doctors? Alternative doctors? Doctors, doctors. Blah blah. Are we really sure of the people we are trusting? Where do they get their knowledge anyway? Sadly, most people will say, "Duh. Like I care!"

It seems like people today are already contented with the ignorance their living with. They treasure it. Many claim they are wise but with human basis--diplomas, medals, titles, etc. But then, people are too ignorant to notice it.

Our bodies came from dust and it will end in dust. I learned so much about DNA, our blueprint. David was right that we indeed are fearfully and wonderfully made. A blade of grass can just cut through our skin and kill us in a matter of seconds. Sadly, people are just too carefree, too preoccupied and ignorant to notice it.

Little did we know that the cross-hair is already aimed at us, waiting to be fired at any time.

Turns out that the fear i had when I was young was right. We can really die not just by an imaginary sniper but by REAL and possible mutation in our DNA. That's not something to be carefree about.

And then, there's Christ. He's the hope of all. We should never worry if we already have Him in our lives. The Great Physician (who never used medicines in healing nor encouraged people to do so) already lives in those who believes in Him.

Praise be to the Lamb of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment