There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reckless Me

Proverbs 12:18
The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Though the Spirit of the Lord was not reckless in saying that, it pierced my heart like a sword.

I wonder how many people I wounded with my reckless words. I wonder if most of them are still bleeding up to now. I wonder if they would still be my friends.

Yeah the truth hurts. No wonder the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Heb. 4:12)

It hurts you enough to heal you.

Reckless words are those spoken without the Spirit of God. Those are the ones spoken through a reckless spirit. They bring trouble.

That's one weakness I still have to pray to God to teach me to overcome.

2 comments: