There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Lord Provides

Lord, remember your promise 
to your servant David:
"I was young and now I am old,
       yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
       or their children begging bread."
You O Lord are my provider.
You feed the birds in the sky.
You clothe the butterflies with
robes more colorful than that 
of Solomon's
Remember me, Father!
You have begotten me as 
your child.
I will not lack anything if
I only have you.
You see my needs O Father.
You know me more than
I know myself.
Protect the glory of your name Lord.
Don't let them say:
"Look! He is begging and
asking for money.
His God doesn't provide."
Don't let your enemies gloat
over you, my King.
They rely on their wealth alone,
those godless people.
Don't make them boast that 
they are more powerful than you.
They are consumed by greed.
All of the things Lord,
let you will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment