There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Cost of Faith

The heavens declare
your holiness, Father.
What is the worth of you
glory?
What can equal your price?
Nothing! For you, O Lord,
are priceless.
The wealth of the whole world
can never equal your value.
You are not even worth my life.
My life itself is worthless.
For I am but dust
from the lowly earth.
It was you who made me
as precious as diamonds.
It was your Son't blood that
lifted me up.
What can I give
that you have not given?
What can I let go
that you have not taken?
To my oppressors I say:
"Take away my wealth.
Take away my things.
Tear my house down!
Starve me from food.
Take away the ones I love.
Take away my life.
But you can;t take away my Jesus.
Do not abandon me, Father.
Do not forsake me.
For the cost of my faith
is not a timed prayer each day.
My faith cost me nothing
but a lifetime of praise 
to your Holy Name.
May my life, this broken life,
radiate your glory and
shower your love,
though the Spirit of your
beloved
who is within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment