There

Lessons are learned, not conceived.
Yet confessions are not to be kept.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Never Again

Never again will I close my eyes,
Or pretend to be blind, to sleep and die.
Never again will I find one reason
For me not to give myself hope.
Even though a thousand may rise against me
I will not fret, I will not bow down.
For they can never harm someone like I;
Who is already a wind passing by.
Look at me and see, take away your envy.
What am I compared to you?
What am I to those around the corner?
Empty are these words
To those who themselves are empty.
While the world goes forth,
I find myself going against its flow.
There's no meaning nor rhyme
In this world where all things may die.
Spend money there and spend time.
But everything will cease.
Until the last empty space is revealed.
And the last of it will be filled.
And the strong will stand up and die.
In the end, never again...
Never again will I hear good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment